Little Monster Bash -Birthday Party Ideas3:55 PM
1.5 cups salt
6 tsp. cream of tarter
3 tbsp. oil
3 cups water
Pour all ingredients into a large pot. Stir constantly over medium heat until a dough ball forms by pulling away from the sides. Knead dough until the texture matches play dough (1-2 minutes). Store in plastic container. Should last for at least 3 months.
- Make monster mask: Use a colored paper plates and fun embellishments like feathers, buttons, bottle caps, and crate paper, and let the kids get creative in making their own monster masks.
- Play Balloon Air Tap: Have each kid pick out a balloon and when you say go they have to keep their balloon up in the air by tapping it with their fingers. If their balloon touches the ground they are out. Last one to keep their balloon up wins.
- Little Monster Race: Decorate ping pong balls with monster faces and have the kids try to keep them on a spoon while racing. If they drop the little monster they have to start back over to the beginning
- Monster Balloon Race: Have the kids draw monster faces on small balloon, then they have to race with the balloon between their knees to the end without touching the balloon with their hands.
- Blind Monster Tag: Decorate a white bandana with monster features and use it to play blind mans bluff monster style.
- Monster face walk: Print out pictures of monsters and use them for a cake walk type game
- Play Monster Hunter: Print out 4x6 pictures of different silly monsters. Your going to need a lot of these pictures. About 30 to 40 will do. This is kind of like an easter egg hunt but with pictures of monsters. Who ever finds the most gets a prize. This is a great game to play over and over, if you need to burn some time.
- Read Monster themed books: Kids this age still love to be read to, get a great story teller to read "Where The Wild Things Are"and they will be so engrossed you will hardly believe it.
Game Tip: Prizes are fun, its okay to give a special prize to the winner but have small prizes (like candy) to give out to the other kids for participating, to reduce pouting and tantrums.
A great way to set the mood is with fun themed songs.
Make a "Monster" playlist with these fun songs: (you can find all of these songs on itunes)
One eyed purple people eater
Monster Mojo -Monster vs. Aliens soundrack
The Adam's Family
Monsters inc. theme song -Monster's Inc soundrack
Theme song from the Munsters
So there you go! phew! This post was a lot of work so I hope you take advantage of it. lol. I hope you have a lot of fun with these ideas and that they help with your little monster party planning!