Check out My Halloween No-Sew Banner craft tutorial in this "11 Easy Halloween Crafts Ideas" ebook now available for FREE here! And get 10 other great tutorials and ideas for Halloween, also for free with this ebook.
I have zucchini coming out my ears and am having to find lots of yummy ways to get my family to eat it. So This week has been zucchini week at my house. We have ate at least one thing each day that has zucchini in it. And The verdict is in. Here are our tried and true favorite recipe's for zucchini.
Julia's Creamy Zucchini Carbonara
This is the perfect dinner to make with all these garden vegetables now ready to eat. This dish is so creamy and flavorful that I would make it year around.
cook time: 40min
2-3 tomatoes large diced
1- onion large diced
1/2 a large zucchini sliced
3- diced garlic cloves
2 TBS butter
1/2 heavy cream
8-10 strips of cooked bacon cut into 1/2 inch pieces
16 0z bag of farfalle noodles cooked
Hearty Zucchini Bread
You have to make this with wheat flour! It makes all the difference. I've made this six time already this month because my friends and kids can't get enough of it.
Pre Heat Oven: 350 f. Makes 1 loaf
1 1/2 c. of Whole wheat flour
1 tsp of cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 egg beaten
1 c. sugar
1 1/2 c. of shredded unpeeled zucchini
1/4 c. cooking oil
1. Use pam baking spray to coat loaf pan.
2. In large bowl add flour cinnamon baking soda salt baking powder, and nutmeg. Make a well and set aside.
3. In a medium bowl combine egg, sugar, and zucchini and oil. Stir gently. Mix zucchini mixture into flour mixture. Batter should be lumpy. Bake for 55 min on 350 f.
Chocolate Zucchini Cake from "My Recipes"
Zucchini Parmigiana Recipe from All Recipes
I was amazed at all the yummy food you can make with zucchini and how a lot of the recipes were more healthy when substituting breads and pastas for zucchini. So I hope you can take advantage of all the zucchini recipes out there and use up some of that zucchini coming your way.
One of the biggest things I'm learning to do this year is being more true to myself. Finding the balance between being polite and having good manners and no longer hiding big chunks of who I am. I had developed this survivor instinct to put on a happy face and try to please everyone and in so doing so somehow I started isolating myself and being self deprecating. So today I am going to celebrate who I am and in the process love myself a little bit more. And to celebrate this I am going to list five things I don't want you to know about me.
Five Things I Don't Want You To Know About Me
1. My new neighbor sent her little boy over to give us a fresh out of the oven loaf of zucchini bread and when I opened the door he accidentally dropped it. I helped him pick up the bread and thanked him. When I came back inside to throw the bread away I dusted off a piece and ate it. (It was really good.)
2. I am a Democrat and a Mormon. I voted for Obama and am still glad I did. I also respect what any political party has to say and am open to hearing everyone's opinions. And if I find a republican candidate that I think will make a great president I would vote for him.
3. My kids are NOT my whole world. They are not even majority of my whole world. They are a part of it. I am a complicated human being and enjoy lots of my roles. And motherhood is just one of them. While I give them 100% and am a stay at home mom, I make sure I get "me" time once a day and date night with my hubby once a week is a must. And will not feel empty and useless when my kids start school this week.
4. I play practical jokes on my kids and husband regularly and look forward to April Fools every year so I can be let loose. And (appropriate) scary stories around the campfire are a must... But I also love giving heart to heart talks about the serious things in life.
5. Most of the time I only shave my legs up to my knee's except for special events like swimming and my wedding anniversary. ;) and sometimes for my birthday for a little extra giddy up in my step.
So here is to me turning 28 and hope I can leave my twenties with a bang these last two years and may my twenty eighth year be a year of healing, growth and love and a few more shaved leg events.
In DIY Projects , Featured Guest Blogger
Hi everybody! I'm Jennifer from The Wayman Family Nest and I'm so excited to be guest posting today here at Everyday Mom Ideas and sharing some cheap, DIY jewelry projects! I'm a 6th grade teacher and future mama. The hubby and I are in the process of adopting a baby boy from Ethiopia. I'm pretty new to blogging, but I've loved connecting with fellow adoptive mamas and other DIY lovers like myself! Over at The Wayman Family Nest, I blog about our adoption, the transformation of our first "nest," DIY projects, and my love of interior design and pretty things. Here are some things I've posted about recently:
eShakti is giving all you EMI readers a free $20 to spend at their store!!!
Here is the promo code DAYMOM0811 especially created for EMI readers to get $20 off when they shop at eShakti - valid till 15th September, 2011
Note: The discount code is not case sensitive. Only one gift certificate can be used per order. The code can be used any number of times until the validity period. This discount code is not applicable on our Overstock category. This cannot be clubbed with any other offer / discount that may be active during this period.
At eShakti, a woman can shop for exactly what she wants - no compromise, no premium to pay. She can ask for the fabric, color, body, styling and sizing that she likes. Never again will a woman have to hear that her size is not available.
Download Just My Type Kit Here from Media Fire
If you had any trouble downloading this kit the first time I released it from 4shared you can now download it from Media Fire as well.
This romantic kit with a retro feel 19 12x12 papers, and a whopping 63 elements! Papers and elements are a high reslolution for quality scrapbooking. This kit is for personal use only. Please do not distribute any of my designs to anyone out side of your personal life without my permission. If you use my designs for free handouts, printable and/or blog designs to distribute online please email me for permission. I am most likely to give you permission when you are respectful of my terms.
Send me links to your creations made with my kits. I love seeing what people have come up with using may designs.
Plus your creations could be featured here at Everyday Mom Ideas with links back to your site!
Id love to know what you think of this kit.
Please leave a comment and may your life be filled with love.
Now available for purchase at Desiging Pixel Dust etsy shop here.