Chirply is a fantastic new site that lets designers submit amazing designs and lets you vote for which ones you want to see in print! Anyone can submit designs and anyone can vote!
I'm thrilled to get to help get the word out about this fantastic site. As a designer myself its great to see a place like Chirply that is so supporting to unknown designers of all sorts of backgrounds. One of the things I like the most is the fact that there are so many designs to vote on. I could spend all day checking out all the amazing art and card design there is to vote on. I received a pack of five designer cards as well and was impressed by the quality of the cards, the art, and also appreciated that they each came with an envelope as well.
Chirply is also giving all of you EMI readers a discounted coupon code for a generous %25 off!
coupon code: emi25
You can also enter to win a pack of five designer cards sponsored by Chirply.
Here's How To Enter To Win:
(Leave a comment and valid email address for each entry)
Mandatory Entry: Head on over to Chirply and comment back here about a specific card design that you liked.
Additional Entries: (you may do any or all of the following for more chances to win, as long as the mandatory entry is met.)
2. Sign up for the EMI Newsletter and get all the updates at EMI.
3. Follow EMI via Google Friend Connect
4. Follow EMI on Twitter and leave me your twitter ID (example: @everydaymom2005).
5. Tweet About this Giveaway and leave me your twitter ID.
6. Like Everyday Mom Ideas on Facebook.
7. Put the Everyday Mom Ideas Button on your Sidbar.
8. Add EMI to your blog roll
9. Blog about this giveaway and leave me the link to it.
10. Follow Chirply on Twitter.
11. Like Chirply on Facebook.
12. Purchase something from Chirply and take advantage of discount code.
13. Register For Chirply at https://www.chirply.com/login
- Congratulations to barb from http://sfomomfridge.blogspot.com/
Here are some great ways of dealing with the burdens of life:
* Accept that some days you're the pigeon,
And some days you're the statue.
* Always keep your words soft and sweet,
Just in case you have to eat them.
* Always wear stuff that will make you look good
If you die in the middle of it.
* Drive carefully. It's not only cars that can be
"Recalled" by their maker.
* If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.
* If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again,
It was probably worth it..
* It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to be kind to others.
* Never put both feet in your mouth at the same time,
Because then you won't have a leg to stand on.
* Nobody cares if you can't dance well.
Just get up and dance.
* Since it's the early worm that gets eaten by the bird, sleep late.
* The second mouse gets the cheese.
* When everything's coming your way,
You're in the wrong lane.
* Birthdays are good for you.
The more you have, the longer you live.
* You may be only one person in the world,
But you may also be the world to one person.
* Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.
* We could learn a lot from crayons... Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull. Some have weird names, and all are different colors, but they all have to live in the same box.
*A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.
My husband and I actually made this lamp set together out of romantic magazine articles that we cut out. I have always loved to create with Mod Podge and wanted to spruce up a pair of lampshades I bought on sale. So I came up with this idea of incorporating some typography by using fun cutouts of romantic saying, articles, stories, and tips. And to make it more personal and romantic my husband and I did it together.
Whats neat about this project is that you don't have to just stick with romantic articles you can switch it up and make this lamp for anyone or any occasion. Try the comics for your kids, fashion for a teen girl, sports articles for the husband... this would make a great gift for fathers day!
Here's what you need:
stack of magazines
hot glue and glue gun
medium paint brush
1.Cut out your articles or photos.
2. Start gluing on your cut outs by applying mod podge to the back side of the article paper and then firmly apply the article to the lamp. Continue this step until lampshade is fully covered in articles. Overlapping is encouraged.
3. I wanted my lampshade to looked aged so I mixed some brown paint in with a small bowl full of Mod Podge to seal the articles down. You can use any paint color to tint your Mod Podge or just use it plain to keep it the original color.
4. Give your lamp a thick coat of mod podge, let it dry than give it one more.
5. Let lamp completely dry before hot gluing on the trim to go around the edges. And your done!
This is a great way to fancy up your cupcake without a lot of work! Everyone will think your a cupcake genius!
1- yellow cake mix
1/2 cup pecans or walnuts
2 tbs- brown sugar
2 tbs- butter
1/2 tbs- cornstarch
whip-cream (one scoop per cupcake)
caramel topping (1 tbs per cupcake)
1. Follow the directions on the yellow cake mix box to make the cupcakes.
2. While cupcakes are baking you can make the pecan crumble mix. Mix together the nuts, brown sugar, corn starch, and butter in small bowl. Toast up mixture in a small frying pan on medium heat stirring occasionally for five to ten minutes. Let cool. Pecan mixture should harden together. Just break up the pecan mixture until its all broken apart and in a crumble like state.
3. Cupcakes can be warm or hot when served. Top cupcake with a tablespoon of caramel topping, then top with a tablespoon of the pecan crumble and top it all off with a healthy spoonful of whip cream topping.
Now that school is coming to an end for most of us Its important to keep our kids reading throughout the summer and a fun way to get that started is by having your kids make their own bookmarks.
I made these bookmarks for my two little boys a few weeks ago. They loved being able to color their own monster bookmark and make it unique.
After my boys colored and cut out their book marks I glued them on to the back of a cereal box and cut them out to give the book mark added support. And then I finished the bookmarks off by using packing tape to laminate the bookmarks so they will last the summer long.
Hope you have fun with these.
Get Bookmarks through google docs by clicking on the link below.
This is for personal use only and may not be redistributed in part or in whole in any way with out my expressed permission. If you have any question email me at email@example.com
We just recently got back from our annual family vacation. This year we chose San Fransisco. Once a year my husband and I take our kids on a week long vacation, and no one else is invited. Its a great time for us to re connect as a family and create some lasting memories.
I think this USS ship tour is highly overlooked by tourist and is totally worth the time to tour and explore. Plus part of "Titanic" was filled in this ship.
My son's favorite thing was riding the trolly's across downtown while dad hung out for dear life on the side.
One of my favorite things we did was rent a paddle boat and paddle around a lake in the Golden Gate Park.
We also went to a hands on learning center for all ages called the Exploritorium.
While this picture is picturesque we only stayed for less than an hour because it was so windy and cold. But we did get this great photo.
Alkatraz was my husbands favorite stop on our vacation. We both were impressed with the digital audio tour and even the kids had fun learning about the prison.
I would have to say the museum on modern art is really not a destination for a family friendly vacation with little kids. My six year old was getting new ideas for some art projects while my five year old and husband just wanted to get the heck out of there.
But there was this cute heart.
China town is the perfect place to go if your in the mood to spend some serious cash. I don't think there was much of a bargain here but there were plenty of stores to go around.
Muir Woods is a beautiful place but unfortunately we went and toured the famous "Trees Of Mystery" (Paul Bungon Redwood fores)t just two years ago and it was quite impressive. Muir woods does have a lot of interesting history and tons of hiking trails.
Twin Peaks was actually pretty cool destination. You can see a whole 360 degrees of San Fransisco.
Head on over to fort point after you've been on a history tour. They let you go loose at the fort and and let you discover the fort on your own. Its also a great place to get photos of the golden gate bridge... and its windy.
Feeling like we are seeing the real San Fransisco life taking in this street jazz session.
Hippy street was kinda lame, so unless your into tattoo's and pot its not worth your time.
The Oakland LDS temple has one of the best views Ive ever seen with a beautiful roof garden.
Half Moon Bay National Beach was our favorite beach out of the three that we visited and it was also our last. Located in a small town outside of San Fransisco it was perfectly charming.
We were visited by two different sea lions who swam up to the shore line and poked their heads out of the water to check us out. I now want a pet sea lion.
Last photo of our trip... Tiered, wet and freezing happy boys.
I give San Fransisco an 8 out of 10. I totally recomend it for any family there is so much to do and choose from you wont be able to do it all even in a whole week.