I made this unique necklace with a frozen crescent rolls lid I popped off from the container! The great thing about this lid is there are no sharp edges and its a great size for not only necklaces but key-chains, ear-rings, tags, and so much more.
frozen crescent roll lids
1.75 inch image
chain or leather strap
a bead or two for embellishments
(or keychain loop to make a keychain)
drill or hammer and nail
1. If you want to learn how make silhouette images of your kids or someone special I've already created a past blog post for that. You can click here to get step by step instructions on how to make the images for free. There is even a link to a site where you can get a free, and easy photo editing software download.
2. Once you have your silhouettes made, open up a new image size : 1.75 inches by 1.75 inches. add your silhouette images here and you can add any background you want. (Tip: A newspaper or any kind of text looks great. You can always just scan in a piece of newspaper to your computer and use that.)
Pint this at 100% for accuracy.
3. Once your image is printed, cut it out. Apply a healthy amount of mod podge to back of image to secure the image to the metal lid.
4. Add a medium coat of mod podge to the surface of the pendant we are working with. (the thicker, the longer it will take to dry and may even acquire bubbles if too thick) let dry over night.
5. For this part you could easily just use a nail and hammer to insert a whole at the very top of the pendant.
6. For the finishing touches: Add necklace clasp. Then add desired chain, strap, cord, ribbon, or key chain. You could also add a few beads for embellishments and there you go.