Rosette Quartet! - Four different rosette tutorials in one post!7:31 PM
Need: 3 feet ribbon, small felt circle, hot glue/glue gun,
1. Cut out a circle out of felt or even card stock would work. It need to be about the size of a fifty cent piece. Next hot glue one end of the ribbon to about the edge of the circle. String a bit of the ribbon around about an inch and double back half an inch to created a fold. continue to do this clear around the felt circle.
2.When you get all the way around the felt circle once, continue pleating the ribbon about 1/4 an inch closer to the middle of the felt circle. Continue to layer in pleated circles until circle is fully covered.
3. Tuck down end of ribbon or cut off any excess.
4. This is where you can add a button or jewel. I put a dab of hot glue in the middle and sprinkled some mini beads onto the hot glue while it was still hot.
5. If you want to make it a magnet just hot glue a small magnet to the back. And your all finished and ready to go.
Swirl Felt Rosette Tutorial:
Need: Felt, hot glue/glue gun
1. Cut out a rough circle out of the felt about the size of a pancake.
2. Cut the felt circle into a spiral, slowly getting smaller and smaller toward the middle.
3. Starting from the middle end piece, start rolling the spiral up, like it was a piece of flat ribbon.. Hot gluing spots along the way.
4. Cut out a small circle the size of the bottom of your felt rose and glue it to the bottom of the rose.
5. This is when you can turn it into a magnet or any other kind of embellishment.