Back in January My son had a Fire Fighter themed birthday party and I made him this invitation to give out to his friends. Now you can download it for your own Fire Fighter themed party. For more Fire Fighter Party ideas you can check out these former post to get some more fun ideas.
To get the printable click on the link above that says "download printable here". After download don't forget to extract zip folder usually by right clicking on the folder and click unzip. Printable is in a jpeg. format.
We left 25 degree weather and a snow storm to sunny Cali with up to almost 70 degrees. Walking down an old neighborhood I used to live at in Thousand Oaks CA
Visiting Family In Thousand Oaks.
Drove through wine country.
Hit Disney Land. It was our the first time for all of us.
I was so excited. When I was a kid my mom could get me to do anything if it had anything to do with disney. 26 years old... I have arrived.
We went to Newport Beach to go whale watching for 2 1/2 hours. This is our boat.
We saw a grey whale and dolphins but I think the seals stole the show with the kids.
Hanging out on Dana Point Beach making sand castles. The sand was aggressive.
All in all, a happy mom and...
"To invent, you need a good imagination and lots of junk." -Thomas Edison
Kids can make art and creations out of anything. About 2 years ago I started collecting little scraps of all sorts and putting them in a large jar for my kids to use to make collages. You know those little bits you find around the house and chuck in the garbage well they make for fun crafts and inspire those little imaginations.
You can use a:
For extra fun have your kids decorate it.
Here are some fun and unusual ideas to collect for your junk box.
scraps of paper
strings and ribbons
broken jewlery or key chains
nuts and bolts
Now all you need to do is get out some glue and paper for the kids and let them go at it. Its so much fun to see what they come up with!
This is a great idea for all ages. We did this craft last year with my 3 and 4 year old sons, my Sister ,Brother and my husband. Our younger kids loved just slapping on the paint while us older family member got a bit elaborate.
Wire hangers/ Wire/ Stakes
We spent no money on this project. We just used some
old wood we found in the back of our house. You could use just about any wood you can find for this craft project. Then when your paint is done drying hammer in a nail on each side and string a wire across the nails to make a hook for you to hang your signs with.
Here are some Garden Sayings to get you started
Seeds The Day
Here lives A Rose With One Old Thorn
Mom's Garden/Dad's Weeds
Weeds For SALE
Please pick the Weeds
As you can see my five year old was drooling over these and they are so very simple to make.
1. 1/2 bag of Oreos
2.1 table spoon of Vegetable Oil
3. 11.5 oz bag of milk chocolate chips
1. First combine vegetable oil and chocolate chips in a medium microwave safe bowl. Lightly stir. cook in microwave for about 45-60 seconds. Stir. If still some chips are still solid put the bowl back in and cook for an additional 30-60 seconds.
Fold in one or two Oreos at a time until fully covered. Than scoop Oreo onto wax paper, or large plate covered in plastic wrap.
Do this until all the Oreos are covered and laid out. Now you can add fun touches like sprinkles or stripes of white chocolate. A great way to get these to harden quickly is to put them in your fridge or freezer for a few minutes.
While I was putting together this desktop background I was struggleing with wich background paper I should use. Than I thought my readers should choos. So here are the Top three desktop background to choose from. Hope you find one you like.
These Desktop Backgrounds are in a png format, 1280x800 pixles, and unfortunately do not come with my photos in it. You can insert 3 of your own road trip photos useing any photo editing program.
Just in case you were wondering I should also mention that this png format download does not have the watermark everyday mom ideas on it. The watermark is only for these display pics.
And if you dont have a photo editing program you can just email me at email@example.com the three photos you want and I would be thrilled to put this desktop background together for you for FREE.
I'm in the middle of re-doing my family room. The orange-wall-phase is just not doing it for me anymore. And lets face it... it never was. So I took a tip from the professionals and made this design board on my computer. I had an idea of what I was going for and I wanted to see how it all fit to gether. This is the first time I have attempted to make an interior design board and well... I think it came out great.
Here are some pro tips to help you make your own.
WHY Make a design board? It's so that you know your design looks great and really works, before you spend the money.
Simply 'shop about,' and collect images of all possible products you are considering for your interior design scheme.
- It is a good idea to paint or fill the background with the paint color you intend to use.
- Put a color pallet together at the top to see what colors go together and don't. Include silvers, golds and other metal colors you plan to use.
Here is the before pic of my family room stay tuned to see the "After"
eshakti clothing store is having an amazing contest. They are giving a first prize winner a $250 gift certificate, 25 winners get a $50 gift certificate and EVERYONE who enters wins an $10 gift certificate!!!
It’s easy to enter. I all ready did. All you have to do is answer two questions. 1. What kind of woman shops at eshakti in 25 words or less. 2. Pick three items of clothing from eshakti that best represent what the store is and tell why in 30 words or less.
It’s a great contest. I hope you click on the link below and enter. Oh and don’t forget to mention Everyday Mom Ideas gave you the heads up!
I have the hardest time finding a great dress. There always seems to be something I don't like about it. You see I'm 5'10" and a size 14... Dresses are always either too short, the sleeves are not long enough, or the neckline is to low. So I can't tell you how thrilled I was to find eshakti... a completely customizable clothing store with great prices. I'm a thrifty girl and I was amazed at how low the prices were. The custom dress I got was under $50. Plus I got my custom made dress in about FIVE days. Like I said... AMAZING!!! I have even emailed all of my friends and family about this store because I think it just wonderful. My sister and sister in law are all ready placing orders to eshakti. I plan on buying most my dresses from now on from them.
Here is the original peony poplin dress design that we started from.
eshakti lets you customize and input all your measurements and lets you change things like the neckline and design, add sleeves at any length, and so much more.
Here is how my custom dress turned out. I had them add elbow length sleeves with my arm measurements, and had it be a below the knee length dress with my height and size measurements.
Its now my favorite dress!
2. Hey, thanks for letting me use the bathroom when I was working in your yard last week. While I was in there, I unlatched the back window to make my return a little easier.
3. Love those flowers. That tells me you have taste ... And taste means there are nice things inside. Those yard toys your kids leave out always make me wonder what type of gaming system they have.
4. Yes, I really do look for newspapers piled up on the driveway. And I might leave a pizza flyer in your front door to see how long it takes you to remove it.
5. If it snows while you're out of town, get a neighbor to create car and foot tracks into the house. Virgin drifts in the driveway are a dead giveaway.
6. If decorative glass is part of your front entrance, don't let your alarm company install the control pad where I can see if it's set. That makes it too easy.
7. A good security company alarms the window over the sink. And the windows on the second floor, which often access the master bedroom-and your jewelry. It's not a bad idea to put motion detectors up there too.
8. It's raining, you're fumbling with your umbrella, and you forget to lock your door-understandable. But understand this: I don't take a day off because of bad weather.
9. I always knock first. If you answer, I'll ask for directions somewhere or offer to clean your gutters. (Don't take me up on it.)
10. Do you really think I won't look in your sock drawer? I always check dresser drawers, the bedside table, and the medicine cabinet.
11. Here's a helpful hint: I almost never go into kids' rooms.
12.. You're right: I won't have enough time to break into that safe where you keep your valuables. But if it's not bolted down, I'll take it with me.
13. A loud TV or radio can be a better deterrent than the best alarm system. If you're reluctant to leave your TV on while you're out of town, you can buy a $35 device that works on a timer and simulates the flickering glow of a real television.. (Find it at faketv.com.)
8 MORE THINGS A BURGLAR WON'T TELL YOU:
1. Sometimes, I carry a clipboard. Sometimes, I dress like a lawn guy and carry a rake.. I do my best to never, ever look like a crook.
2. The two things I hate most: loud dogs and nosy neighbors.
3. I'll break a window to get in, even if it makes a little noise.. If your neighbor hears one loud sound, he'll stop what he's doing and wait to hear it again. If he doesn't hear it again, he'll just go back to what he was doing. It's human nature.
4. I'm not complaining, but why would you pay all that money for a fancy alarm system and leave your house without setting it?
5. I love looking in your windows. I'm looking for signs that you're home, and for flat screen TVs or gaming systems I'd like.. I'll drive or walk through your neighborhood at night, before you close the blinds, just to pick my targets.
6. Avoid announcing your vacation on your Facebook page. It's easier than you think to look up your address.
7. To you, leaving that window open just a crack during the day is a way to let in a little fresh air. To me, it's an invitation.
8. If you don't answer when I knock, I try the door. Occasionally, I hit the jackpot and walk right in.
My Aunt emailed me this and I just had to post it.
My family and I go on a vacation every year just the four of us. And we often get there by vehicle with several stops on the way. So I thought a road trip kit would be just the ticket and would also be perfect for all my readers up coming summer trips. Hope you enjoy scrapping with this fun kit. Please let me know what you think by leaving a comment below.
Here is a preview of the papers in this kit. The papers got covered upwith all the elements in this kit. And I thought they were just too cute to get all buried up and not shown off. So here you go.
Krissi from http://myordinarymiraclesblog.com/ won the "Mommy And Me" giveaway sponsored by Sugar Creations. You have two days to email me to accept this prize. You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Congratulations!
And thanks to Ana from Sugar Creations for her generosity.