Whenever my brothers and sisters come over for dinner and I ask them what I should make they always want my enchiladas. Ive been making this recipe for over fifteen years now since I was a teenager and now my husband and kids have jumped on this band wagon and it's our most requested meals for special occasions and gatherings. We call it Julia's Enchiladas but I have renamed it for you in honor of just how much stuff and love goes into it. So here is my families most beloved dinner recipe.
2lbs ground beef
2 cans of refried bean.
1lbs cheddar cheese
1 package of large flour tortillas
1 yellow onion chopped
1 green pepper chopped
1/2 cup cilantro
1 cup of your favorite salsa
1 package of taco seasoning
19 0z can of enchilada sauce
1 can of sliced black olives
1 tablespoon of butter
1/2 head lettuce shredded
3 medium tomatoes diced
1 16oz sour cream
Preheat Oven to 400F.
1. Pour 1/4 of enchilada sauce into bottom of Large baking dish. Spread out evenly.
2. Brown ground beef in taco seasoning. Saute onion, cilantro, and green pepper in the butter. Once ground beef is cooked touroughly mix in the sautéed mixture.
3.Warm up tortilla for a few seconds in the microwave until they are warm. Spread about 2 tables spoons of refried beans lengthwise in the middle. Layer 2 tablespoons of ground beef mixture on top of beans.
4. Next add about 1 table spoon of salsa. Top layers with about 2 tablespoons of shredded cheese. Roll up with ends tucked in. Place in baking dish. Repeat this process with remaining tortillas.
5. Once all the enchiladas are placed in baking dish, pour remaining enchilada sauce over the top of the enchiladas. Sprinkle remaining cheese. Top with sliced olives.
6. Cover with tinfoil. Bake for 45 minutes. Serve over lettuce and tomatoes. Top with sour cream.
Now its your turn. Link up one of your favorites or most recent recipes. Don't forget to go to and comment on the link just ahead of yours.