How To Get Started With Digital Scrapbooking6:01 AM
Ive had a lot of comments from women saying they wouldl love to get started with digital scrapbooking but didnt quite know how or where to go. So I compiled this fantastic rescorese post to get anyone started. These are things I wish someone had told me before I got started so save me a lot of time and effort. So I hope this helps.
Five Top Reasons To Go Digital
- Make sure your 12x12 digital pages are set at 3600 pixels and save as a .jpeg for quality printing.
- Add Shadows. Your pages will look flat and unrealistic if you forget to add a little shadow behind your elements and photos when you are making your pages
- Use a External hard drive. It provides a lot of extra memory for you to save your photos and scrapbooking pages too without slowing down your computer. Its portable so you can transport your project to use on different computers instead of having to save your stuff you a bunch of CD’s for transportation and saving.
- Getting inspiration for page design. I found a great way to get inspiration for page design is when you run across a digital scrapbooking page you really like save it to your computer and then pull it up next to the page your working on to help create a great page.
- When your lost for a page title or journaling idea add Quotes, Sayings, Poems, and or music lyrics.
http://www.paint.net/ Free photo editing software, that can be used for scrapbooking
http://www.scrapbookflair.com/ Beginner Level Digital Scrapbooking
Almost all digital scrapbooking programs will let you download a free trial. I recommend you downloading a couple of free trial digi scarp programs and finding the one that you enjoy using the most. Most all scrapbooking programs are compatible with your digital scrapbooking kits, papers, and embellishments downloads.
Free Digital Scrapbooking Resources (Free kits, papers, embellishments, and more)
Great Digi Scarp Blogs With Tons Of Freebies
Great Value Prints
http://www.scrapbookflair.com/ -12x12 pages starting at $.99 cents + s&h
http://www.scrappingsimply.com/ -12x12 pages $1.99 + s&h
You can email me at email@example.com if you have any questions. I think scrapbooking is a fantastic and valuable way to preserve your own personal and family history and I would love to help anyone in this endeavor. Happy Scrapping!